Vanilla Ice Cream is a staple that's nice to hang onto even after you've moved into a whole-food plant-based lifestyle. Here's a vegan/nutritarian recipe that you can feel good about.
- 3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour 1 cup of water over pitted dates and heat in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Then DRAIN HOT WATER.
- Into a blender cup, put dates and remaining ingredients and blend on high until mixture is smooth
- Pour blended mixture into ice cube trays and freeze mixture.
- Once milk mixture is frozen, run cubes through a food processor, scraping sides every few minutes until well-blended. Add a few tablespoons of almond milk if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream or (for firmer texture) pour mixture into a small baking dish and return to freezer for 2 hours before serving.
Vegan ice cream is so easy and more delicious than any other ice cream I can think of. Simply blend up your flavors into a base, using a nut milk, vanilla, dates to sweeten, and whatever else you want to add (cacao, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, lemon, orange, really, the sky is the limit). Freeze your mixture in ice cube trays (or a plastic ziplock - laid flat to freeze so it can be easily broken into pieces) and then process frozen pieces in a blender or food processor. DELISH.
Leave A Comment