Foodie alert: VEGAN PISTACHIO ICE CREAM is in the house. Let me just say, before making this, check out these two links for NATURAL PISTACHIO EXTRACT and NATURAL FOOD COLOR. That second one is totally optional, but I'm gonna say that the first one isn't. Have fun with this one...
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk or lite coconut milk
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon natural pistachio extract link in recipe description above
- 2 drops natural green food color optional
- Blend 1 cup of almond milk, extract, dates, and optional natural food color in a high speed blender until dates are no longer chunky. Add the remaining 1 cup of almond milk and blend for 30 seconds.
- Freeze milk mixture in an ice cube tray
- Once frozen, run milk ice cubes through a food processor. Add a few tablespoons of almond milk to reach desired consistency. Scrape the sides of your processor bowl every minute or two to ensure ice cream is well blended.
- Once mixture is smooth, add nuts and pulse a few times until mixed through.
- Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream or (for firmer texture) pour mixture into a small baking dish and return to freezer for 2 hours before serving.
Leave A Comment