This is a fantastic vegan/nutritarian version of a sweet potato pecan casserole. SO GOOD. I made this recipe with butter and cream for years and LET ME TELL YOU... this version is every bit as good. You're gonna love it.
- 3 sweet potatoes (canned may be used instead) If using canned - use one 29 oz. can, drained
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk or cream (best option for staying compliant would be lite coconut milk. Coconut cream may be used instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 Dates pitted and heated in water
- 1 pinch sea salt (may be omitted)
- Nutty Crumble:
- 1 cups pecan
- 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Dates pitted and heated in water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional) I've only made this recipe without the coconut oil and did't miss it ONE BIT! But, if you're looking for something a little more indulgent, just make it a rare occasion.