This cream of broccoli soup is vegan, gluten free, and incredibly filling and nutrient-dense. It's the perfect addition to a plant based diet because it includes beans - a FANTASTIC source of protein and a great way to slow down glycemic uptake. This recipe includes a creamy base (also found in the ETLD recipe center) that can be made separately and added to soups and sauces throughout the week.
- 3 cups Broccoli chopped
- 1 onion
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup Creamy Vegan White Sauce (do not buy - see recipe link)
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 4 cups spinach (spinach or kale may be used)
- In a large pot, bring chopped broccoli, spinach, and chopped onion to a boil in vegetable broth
- Reduce to a simmer and cover - cook until broccoli is tender
- Using an immersion blender (or transferring soup ingredients to a standing blender), process soup mixture all other ingredients until you've reached desired consistency.
For this dish, grab the recipe for VEGAN CREAMY WHITE SAUCE
This recipe is GREAT for making creamy, delicious vegan dishes. It can be used for creamy enchiladas, pasta dishes, and soups.
Leave A Comment