- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 5 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onions
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tablespoons Parsley
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup Collard greens
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup Black beans
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Water saute cloves of chopped garlic with chopped onion, celery, parsley and carrot until the onion is translucent.
- Add brown rice and cook, stirring, until fragrant, then add tomato paste
- Add vegetable stock and fresh or canned tomatoes; bring to a boil and simmer until the rice tender - around 25 minutes.
- Add a cup of chopped collard greens and cook until the greens are tender, just a few minutes.
- Garnish with heated black beans, parsley, and green onion. Serve
This recipe is super simple and so satisfying. If you want to make this thing unlimited, go ahead and substitute lentils in for the rice and you'll be good to go. As it is, this recipe serves around 4 so you'll only get about a quarter of your daily grains in for the day.
Leave A Comment