- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 Pear (apple works too)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (fresh berries work too)
- 1/2 cup tofu marinated - see recipe
- 1/2 cup tofu cubed into 1/3 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Oregano chopped - and any additional herbs of your choice
- On a paper towel (folded into several layers), Cut tofu into 1/4 inch squares and lay out evenly. Fold paper towel over tofu and press lightly to absorb water.
- Stir together lemon, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, and Fresh oregano and any other herbs that you desire. Salt is not encouraged, but a tiny amount may be used here to help produce a feta-cheese-like flavor
- Transfer cut tofu into a storage container and pour marinade mixture over the top. Turn each piece to make sure each piece is marinating.
- Marinate tofu for at least 1 hour.
- Chop veggies, nuts and cranberries into a large salad bowl and top with tofu feta and your favorite nutritarian dressing.
I'll be honest. Salads were hard for me when I first transitioned into this lifestyle. It was fun discovering this technique for making feta cheese out of tofu! Plus, this adds protein and makes this sweet and delicious salad SO FILLING. Outstanding!
Leave A Comment