- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks lemongrass tender white inner bulb only, minced
- 1 cup carrots diced, about 3 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil diced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 15 oz lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 can 15 oz Cooked garbanzo beans rinsed and drained, 15 oz
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 limes juiced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cup brown rice
- Cook brown rice per package directions
- In a heated pan, water sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, carrots, fresh ginger, and diced basil for about 5 minute until the onions begin to slightly brown.
- Next add in green curry paste and turmeric and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add in coconut milk, veggie broth, garbanzo beans, tamari sauce, lime juice, salt and red bell pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender
- Sir in frozen peas. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve over brown rice in a bowl and garnish with fresh Cilantro
Leave A Comment