This soup was pretty much my first best friend when starting Eat to Live. It feels indulgent, and it's SO SO good during the winter months. I am confident that you will all enjoy it as well. As always, if you desire salt, sprinkle it on your soup once it's in the bowl. I think you're gonna love this...
- 1 yellow onions chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash chopped
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root grated or sliced fine
- 1/4 cup Cilantro fresh
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 limes juiced
- cayenne pepper dash
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 can Cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons Garlic I prefer using one large clove of elephant garlic (it's huge!)
- 2 Dates
- In a large stock pot, water sauté yellow onion, butternut squash, ginger, cilantro, and chopped garlic, turning often.
- Once onion is fragrant, stir in curry powder, stirring to ensure that all pieces are coated.
- Cover ingredients with 2 cups vegetable broth
- Simmer over medium heat until squash is tender and can be mashed with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients: coconut milk, lime juice, garbanzo beans, peanut butter, and red pepper to taste
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat pitted dates in 1/4 cup water for one minute in the microwave
- Add date/water mixture to the soup.
- Remove pot from heat and use an immersion blender to blend soup to desired consistency. I like to save a 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans to add after blending. Just a personal preference. It's great when it's smooth and creamy!
As with most of the recipes on Eat to Live Daily, this does not include salt. If you desire salt, add it to the surface of your soup once it's in your bowl.
Leave A Comment