- Start by placing 4 dates in a microwave safe bowl and covering with 1/4 cup water (just covering the dates). Microwave on high for one minute and drain water from bowl, leaving soaked and softened dates.
- Add heated dates and remaining pumpkin mousse ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until well whipped and smooth! Add additional coconut cream if necessary. Place into a piping bag or spoon into dishes and add a dash of cinnamon to the top.
Coconut Whipped Cream Topping
- For coconut whipped cream, START THE DAY BEFORE!!
- Chill coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Do not shake or tip the can (you want the cream separate from the liquid)
- Place a large mixing bowl and whisk into your freezer for 15 minutes before starting your cream.
- Remove can from fridge and open the can (remember, without tipping).
- Spoon out the top of the cream in the mixing bowl, leaving the liquid in the can.
- Whip hardened cream with vanilla and monk fruit powder (or your choice of sweeter). Taste to make sure it's just right.
- Serve over pumpkin mousse right away or keep in the fridge.
- ** Sometimes the fat content in the coconut milk cans is incorrect. If yours didn't harden up like it should have, you might try using a little bit of arrowroot powder or tapioca flour to thicken it up.
- *** This recipe is also tasty without the coconut cream. This is just an option if you're really missing whipped cream. But believe me, the pumpkin mousse is delish without it!