Oh good heavens. Pineapple + Coconut = GENIUS. This whole-food, plant-based version of the Piña Colada is to die for.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Blend 1 cup of coconut milk, vanilla, and dates in a high speed blender until dates are no longer chunky.
- Pour milk mixture into ice cube tray and freeze.
- Once frozen, run cubes through a food processor, scraping sides every few minutes until well-blended.
- Add frozen pineapple to mixture with a few tablespoons of cocout milk until you reach desired consistency.
- Continue to scrape sides every minute or two to ensure ice cream is well blended.
- Add coconut and pulse a few times to stir into mixture.
- Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream or (for firmer texture) pour mixture into a small baking dish and return to freezer for 2 hours before serving. You could also opt to let it melt down for a few minutes and serve it in a glass with a straw. Either way, you're in heaven.
Leave A Comment