Sometimes you just need a good, solid, comfort dish. Pesto on pasta would definitely be that for me. Here's a nutritarian pesto recipe that won't break your rhythm. And here's something that I JUST discovered... RED LENTIL PASTA. I like it better than some of the gluten free pastas that I've experimented with. This one really tastes like a cheat, but it's totally legal!!
- 1 cup Almonds (soaked in water over night OR soaked in boiling water for 1 minute)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1-2 Juiced Lemons
- 1 Cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp pinenuts (optional)
- Water to thin
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Heat and serve over rice, mixed veggies, or noodles. Dilute with water as needed.
- May be diluted with water and poured over salad.
- This is a salt-free pesto recipe. If you wish to add salt, wait until your food is on your plate rather than adding it to the recipe.
Leave A Comment