Here's the concept of a salad topper. You prep your topper ahead of time (hummus, salsas, Texas caviar, edamame salad... whichever ones you love) and keep them in the fridge. Then, any time you make a salad, just throw together a giant bowl of chopped veggies, and top them with... you guessed it. Toppers can be used with salad dressing or alone because most of them are pretty flavorful. Here's a no-salt pico de gallo. Of course, none of the recipes here include salt. Dr. Fuhrman recommends not using any added salt with your meals. So as a nutritarian site, this is how we roll. But if you desire salt, Dr. Fuhrman recommends sprinkling a little over your food once it's on your plate rather than using it as an ingredient.
- 8 Large roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 Red onions diced
- 2 Jalapeños seeded and diced
- 1 cup Chopped cilantro
- 2 limes juiced
- Cut all tomatoes, onions and jalapeños fine.
- Combine in a bowl with the lime juice, cilantro
- Mix and taste. Allow flavors to mingle before serving, for at least an hour.
Leave A Comment