- 1 cup yellow onions minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Cloves garlic crushed
- 8 ounces mushrooms Any type will do... a mixed assortment will yield the best flavor (if using dried steep in the stock for an hour before)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder (corn starch works too)
- 2 teaspoon liquid aminos
- 1 Dates pitted
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth (low-sodium )
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 inch rosemary sprig
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Mince the date.
- Mix together the arrowroot/cornstarch, liquid aminos and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pot place the stock, date, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and shallot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer.
- Add the rosemary and bay leaf, and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the amino and cornstarch mixture and whisk into the pot.
- Simmer for 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Remove the rosemary and bay from the pot.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender and add a pinch of pepper.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Salt is not recommended ordinarily, but if you wish to incorporate salt, add a pinch here.
Leave A Comment