- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup mushrooms frozen or fresh
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 oz red lentil pasta or garbanzo bean pasta
- Cook lentil pasta according to package directions. (if you are cooking for one person, just cook one serving of pasta)
- Chop all vegetables that aren’t already pre-cut. Water sauté vegetables over medium high heat. Once veggies are tender, but not overcooked, add herbs and marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in desired amount of sauce with pasta and refrigerate or freeze the remainder of the sauce for next week or a lunch substitute later this week.
Leave A Comment