- Lentil "Meat"
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Oregano
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup portobello mushroom
- 1 cup walnuts
- Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cup zucchini
- 1 cup portobello mushroom chopped
- 2 cup kale chopped
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- 6 ounces Whole Grain Pasta
- For lentil "meat," start by cooking lentils in vegetable broth, boiling for 10 minutes or until lentils are tender but NOT mushy.
- Drain any remaining vegetable broth WELL.
- In a food processor, pulse together lentils, mushrooms, oregano, thyme, and garlic until well assimilated but not smooth.
- Once your ingredients are mulched up evenly, add walnuts and pulse a final few times
- You should now be able to form your mixture into balls.
- (To form meatballs, place 1 - 2 one-inch balls on a baking tray and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes)
LENTIL BOLOGNESE Sauce
- In a heated pan, water sauté mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and kale until veggies are tender.
- Once veggies are cooked to your liking, add 1/2 of your lentil mixture and stir in marinara sauce. (refrigerate remaining lentil mixture)
- Once hot, serve over a whole grain or lentil pasta of your choice. May be topped with a lentil "meat" ball
- This recipe yields roughy four servings. Serve immediately and refrigerate the remainder for later.
Delicious Vegan Bolognese. This dish can be served over a bean or lentil pasta to avoid using your grains for the day or a whole grain pasta.
Leave A Comment