Lemony Lentils and Rice is great as a side dish or just as is. The combo of fresh thyme and fresh squeezed lemon is just lovely.
- 1/2 cup Quinoa any color works
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup Red Lentils any other color is fine
- 2.5 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup portobello mushroom chopped
- 1 cup brussels Sprouts fresh (not frozen)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 lemon Juice from lemon
- Nutritarian Hummus (Link in recipe notes) (Recommended: homemade nutritarian hummus)
- Into a rice cooker (or medium pot) place quinoa, rice, lentils, and vegetable broth. Sprinkle in garlic and thyme, stir, cover, and set.
- In a hot skillet, water sauté chopped mushrooms in vegetable broth.
- As mushrooms cook, chop brussels sprouts into thin slices
- Take mushrooms off heat and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, add chopped brussels sprouts to skillet and 2-3 tablespoons vegetable broth and water sauté for 2-3 minutes until they're warm and slightly tender.
- When grain/lentil mixture is done, pour into a bowl along with cooked mushrooms, brussels sprouts, and shredded carrots
- Over the salad mixture, squeeze fresh lemon juice and add fresh thyme. Stir together and serve immediately or return to refrigerator to cool
- Optional: serve with nutritarian hummus and garnish with thyme.
- (See recipe for Nutritarian Hummus)
Leave A Comment