Makes 8x8 (approx. 8 servings) Includes 2 cups Mushroom & Rosemary Smooth Gravy (see recipe)
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 Cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth stock or water
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper freshly
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 2 cups Mushroom and Rosemary Gravy (See Recipe)
- Mince the garlic.
- Slice the mushrooms
- Sauté the mushrooms and the garlic until fragrant.
- If using fresh beans, blanch in hot water first.
- If using frozen, fully defrost and drain.
- Mix the cooked mushrooms and garlic with the green beans and coat and toss in the gravy.
- Place the coated green bean mixture into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Slice the onions into thin half moons.
- In a frying pan add the onion, balsamic vinegar, and stock or water and cook until the onions are soft and have absorbed all the liquid.
- Arrange the onions on the top of the casserole and season with black pepper.
- Chill at this point OR bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- Should be bubbly, thick, and heated through when done.
- If the onions begin to burn, cover the dish with foil and finish cooking.
Leave A Comment