- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder
- 2 cup mixed frozen veggies Asian stir fry mix with lemon grass...
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger chopped/minced
- 2 Cloves garlic chopped/minced
- 2 Dates
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Shredded Carrots
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Broth
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Saute veggies, cilantro, garlic, and ginger in vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- Heat dates in the microwave for one minute in 4 ounces of water
- Blend heated date/water mixture until smooth
- Pour date syrup into vegetable mix and stir together
- Add coconut milk, lemon juice, cooked garbanzo beans, additional cilantro, and cayenne pepper
- Serve hot over rice or as a stew - really, no rice necessary.
This Vegan/Nutritarian Creamy Coconut Curry was designed to be served over brown rice. But guess what. I don't miss the rice ONE BIT. It's creamy, spicy and sweet. What better mixture for a thai soup? But, by all means, if you want a traditional vegan curry dish, serve this baby over rice!
Leave A Comment