This delicious recipe was inspired by two of Dr. Fuhrman’s daughters, Cara and Jenna, from @doctorsdaughters on Instagram! This dish was one of their favorites growing up! I made a version of it in the ETLD Test Kitchen and it blew my socks off. I could eat a pound of Kale with this recipe… Seriously. We just added mushrooms, and a little lemon and garlic… SO GOOD!!! Get recipes and TONS of inspiration by following their page on Instagram, @Doctorsdaughters!
- 8 cups kale chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup Cashews
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice lemon
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup water
- Chop kale and mushrooms to desired size (there's no rule here - just do it as you like...)
- Steam Kale and Mushrooms for 2-5 minutes until tender. Don't overdo it!
- Into a blender cup, place cashews, 1 cup water, lemon juice, and garlic and blend on high until smooth
- Pour cashew cream sauce over steamed Kale, mix together and serve.
- Added salt is not recommended on a nutritarian diet, but as Dr. Furhman explains, a sprinkle may be used on top if you wish!
This year, we're including this recipe in the Eat to Live Thanksgiving menu! It is possible to have a delicious Nutritarian Thanksgiving. Creamed Kale is the perfect side dish.
Leave A Comment