This delicious Nutritarian breakfast option is my recent favorite. I don’t know why I never considered doing cold oats before this… but it’s genius! You’ll definitely want to use rolled oats for this so it softens up (unless you REALLY love a crunchy breakfast – then, sure you could try steel cut oats – [insert winky face] but that’s a little too much crunch for me, personally). The other thing is, using frozen berries may seem like sort of a drag (or like the next-best, back-up ingredient??) but honestly, this is my preferred preparation and I’ll tell you why!!! Those berries soak up the sweetness from the date milk as they defrost. Just pour your milk over the oats and berries and give it a few minutes (3, tops). It will set. It will be delicious. It will be your new favorite dessert. And you, my dear, are welcome [insert heart eyes].
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Sweetened Date Milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 medjool dates (pitted)
- Pour almond milk and dates into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Into a bowl, pour rolled oats, frozen berries, and bananas.
- Pour Almond milk mixture over oats, and sprinkle with flax
- stir gently and let oats soak for 3 minutes before eating . Oats will get soft and berries will defrost. SO GOOD!
Leave A Comment