Broccoli Lentil soup is the perfect combo for cold months. And BONUS. It's unlimited so you can have a few bowls if you just can't get enough...
- 3 cups Broccoli fresh is preferable, frozen works too
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup green lentils
- Water Sauté chopped onion and celery until fragrant.
- Add broccoli. lentils, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes or until broccoli is very tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup mixture or transfer to a blender carefully. Pulse blender a few times until broccoli is well assimiliated into mixture (doesn't need to be perfectly smooth)
- Add seasonings and adjust to your liking!
- Serve hot and if you desire salt, add it once it's in your bowl.
Creamy and delicious broccoli soup is just perfect with a cup of extra lentils. As we say, you can NEVER have too many lentils!! They fill you up, curb sugar cravings, and create a perfect digestive balance for dealing with glycemic load. YES! So here's our latest... Broccoli Lentil Soup. A little spicy, a lot delicious.
Leave A Comment