Start by reading the book, Eat to Live, by Dr. Fuhrman or his other books, The End of Dieting, Eat for Health, or Super Immunity. Then here are a few tips for starting and maintaining a Nutritarian Diet:
- Make salad your main dish.
- Your food should be colorful. Use a large variation of colorful fruits and vegetables at each meal.
- Eliminate processed foods, salt, oils, and junk food from your diet. Start by cleaning out your cupboards! This process will be 100 times easier if your kitchen is prepped with the foods you need.
- Start by prepping great recipes. Prepare one or two of your favorite soups and keep at least 2 of them in your fridge at all times. Then, you’ll always have at least one meal prepped and ready to go.
- Understand food addiction and realize that cravings and toxic food withdrawal is part of the process. The first 2 weeks may be quite uncomfortable but eventually these cravings will subside.
- Keep a few nutritarian treats in the fridge as your go-to during rough moments. I recommend Chia Seed Pudding and Carob Fruit Dip. They’re both wonderful paired with fruit and nuts.