Hehe. Guys, this 6 Week Challenge has been a struggle for me. I am having a hard time getting my head all the way in the game, if that makes sense. I feel like I could easily let my slip ups bring me down. But, I’m really trying not to. I’m trying to focus on the positive changes I’ve been making in my life this month. Striving for the healthiest lifestyle (Nutritarian, woo hoo!) is certainly a part of this positive change, even if I’m not obtaining perfection…Just striving towards it already creates a positive shift. I have been doing yoga regularly, meditating daily (most of the time!), and really trying to connect with friends and family, being more active in general. I believe that all of these fruits and veggies, and this amazingly supportive community, are certainly helping to power me through all of this, even on the days when I didn’t get enough sleep, or am feeling generally down or uncertain about the world, I keep moving on and bit by bit I see positive changes occuring. 🙂
Here is a summary of what I learned/reflected on this week;
- Nausea & Headaches seem to be reoccuring detox symptoms for me. Since I keep starting and stopping, I keep feeling them! 😉 But it’s made me feel better to identify these as merely detox symptoms when they pop up.
- My goal is more-or-less Maintenance (with possibly losing some extra puffery along the way). But, more importantly, my goal is figuring out how to provide the healthiest lifestyle for my family and self. You know the saying, “Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”? Maybe that’s how I can look at this for now. I said I was going to have 3-5 perfect days, and I didn’t, but I did alright! So, I’ll celebrate that! 😉
- In Yoga, our instructor talked about “The Breakthrough” as the moment you let go and just “be”, even with the discomfort of a stretch or the challenge of a pose. You don’t fight it or run away from it. You breathe into it and you stay. I think that’s something I can work on regularly with Yoga, and maybe that will strengthen my staying power in other areas of life!
- In the Eat to Live Daily community we talk about “The Breakthrough” as the point when we are no longer craving junky foods. We are “not that hungry anymore”. The goal is to get to that point, and to be more in choice (rather than guided by our sugar demons). Maybe we have to apply the same principles to detox as we do to discomfort in Yoga…Breathe. Don’t fight it or run away from it. Just stay with it.
- My Yoga Studio is recommending a 3 Day Veggies + Fruit Cleanse next week. I plan to participate as best as I can, and I will share how I do. I would like to give it my best for those three days.
- I don’t know that I’m in the right place right now to completely rule out some of the Red Zone foods. For instance, we’re going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras next weekend (sort of a bucket list type experience for me) and I think I’ll have a Beignet there and will savor it, while listening to jazz and general jubilation all around me…because I love New Orleans and all of it’s character and color, and I want to jump in and enjoy it all. 😉
- Then I’ll come back to this awesome group right afterwards. 🙂